LISTEN NOW! Greg shares about the pioneering life of Martin Luther King Jr. and the ten commandments/commitments that he lived by. These were so important to his pioneering work, a true Apostle, he had these commandments/commitments put on a card and everyone who would join him in this pioneering work would have to agree to live by them and sign the card showing they agreed with them.
The Commandments/commitments were:
I hereby pledge myself—my person and body to the nonviolent movement. Therefore I will keep the following ten commandments:
- Meditate daily on the teachings and life of Jesus.
- Remember always that the nonviolent movement seeks justice and reconciliation — not victory.
- Walk and talk in the manner of love, for God is love.
- Pray daily to be used by God in order that all men might be free.
- Sacrifice personal wishes in order that all men might be free.
- Observe with both friend and foe the ordinary rules of courtesy.
- Seek to perform regular service for others and for the world.
- Refrain from the violence of fist, tongue, or heart.
- Strive to be in good spiritual and bodily health.
- Follow the directions of the movement and of the captain on a demonstration.
Screen Capture from Youtube.com/isthisnicktaken