The Dream Life of Granger Smith
Before tragedy struck, Granger was living out his dream – traveling, meeting fans, and making music at the top of his charts.
A Devastating Night
On a serene evening in Texas, Granger lost his three-year-old son, River, in a tragic pool accident, an event that would change the course of his life.
The Mental Struggle
Battling immense guilt and a ceaseless slideshow of haunting memories, Granger sought refuge in self-help books, therapy, and even contemplated ending his life.
A Miraculous Turn
In his darkest hour, a plea to Jesus halted the torment in his mind and set him on a transformative journey.
Rather than merely recovering from his grief, Granger’s life was reconstructed by a newfound relationship with Jesus. He delved into the scriptures, aiming to deeply understand and live by God’s word.
A New Mission
Realizing his calling, Granger decided to step away from country music, shifting his focus to a life of ministry, writing, and counseling others through their struggles.
Listen to Glenn Beck Interview Granger Smith
10 Things We Learned:
- Granger Smith was at the peak of his music career when tragedy struck.
- The unexpected loss of his young son, River, was a pivotal point in his life.
- Granger faced immense guilt, which made the grieving process even more challenging.
- Despite trying various self-help measures, he felt progressively worse.
- At his lowest, a plea to Jesus saved him from taking his own life.
- Granger transitioned from a cultural to a committed Christian, immersing himself in the Bible.
- He began meeting others in pain and felt a calling to help them more extensively.
- Granger is making a dramatic career shift from country music to ministry.
- He’s going back to school, attending seminary.
- Despite challenges, Granger’s story underscores the transformative power of faith.