Home Crisis WATCH! Four Year Drought in California and the Prophetic Perspective

WATCH! Four Year Drought in California and the Prophetic Perspective



California Drought 4 Years; Farmers in Despair- Could the Future Include less Food for Americans?

When we sit down for a meal to eat, often times we don’t consider everything that took place that made one single meal possible. Reportedly, 2% of America’s population provides the food for the other 98%. When we begin to see the enormous work and labor force that makes the food in America possible, we can begin to understand some of the dire realities that those 2% are currently facing.
Right now, the State of California is enduring a drought for more than four years. There are some whose income is not dependent on the price of water, but for those that do, the increasing costs of water in the State of California is unprecedented. In a report from CNBC, one farmer, in Central California, shares that his expense for water in 2013 was $3,200. One year later it was $33,000; nearly a ten-fold increase. Based on reports, water accounts for 50% of a farmer’s costs. There is nothing like perspective for us to understand some of the difficulties that farmers face in today’s society. Where else on the planet can you go and have the accessibility and variety of fresh foods, vegetables, and fruits that you have in America?
If the reports of drought aren’t bad enough, farmers in California will be doubly hit as harvests of nut farmers are simply being hijacked and stolen. According to CNBC, nuts are being stolen by the truckloads. “It can be upwards of $500,000 for each load, depending on what it is they are hauling.” This is what is taking place to food before it is even arriving for consumers to purchase. Some foods travel more than a 1,000 miles simply to arrive at your plate.
Once food is delivered to consumers, there is growing concern as to what is taking place in America. Because there has been such an abundance of food and nutrients in America, we can often miss the costs and work that goes into making these luxuries so readily available. In a report from National Geographic, “An American family of four trashes an average $1,484 worth of edible food a year.” We are all too familiar to an unknown box in the back of the refrigerator emanating a mysterious odor, or the small styrofoam container that was accidentally left at the table when we left the restaurant: left overs. Not every country has the blessing of having left overs, let alone food at all.
The realities that are taking place today highlight some of the prophetic headlines that John Paul Jackson was shown from the Lord. “Food Prices Lead Nation’s Escalating Inflation Woes” and “Sysco Co and Kraft Considers Guards on Delivery Trucks as Food Nears 40% of the Family Budget” are just some of the headlines that were revealed to Jackson.

In times of hardship, we can recall that God will respond to our humility and repentance if we turn to Him and seek His face, as 2 Chronicles 7:14 states. But, backing up a verse gives a startling reality to what would cause one to seek God. “When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people”. As the Church, what have we done? Have we brought this upon ourselves? Watch and see the full story of how what is taking place in Central California is affecting the entire nation, what you can do about it, and so much more. Also shared in this segment: groceries, harvesting, crops, drought, oranges, milk, carrots, farmers, John Paul Jackson, Prudent Preparation, grocery stores, Haiti, waste, humility, and prayer. John and Steve shared in this segment. 


You may also like

Send this to a friend