Fasting, Public Confession of Sin, Dedicated Time of Prayer, Dedicated Time of Confessing Sin
LISTEN NOW! Greg and Pat continue their discussion of the importance of having the heart of Nehemiah which they believe is the secret to rebuilding the church in America. They continue to discuss Nehemiah’s journey in Nehemiah. In Nehemiah 9:1 the Bible say that “On the twenty-fourth day of the same month, the Israelites gathered together, fasting and wearing sackcloth and putting dust on their heads.” They further discuss that the only one at this point who has repented was the leadership. Nehemiah acknowledges his sins and the sins of his fathers. At this point if you are not careful you may be tempted to think that his repentance was enough. However, it is time for all of God’s people to repent. The first thing they did was separated themselves from foreigners. We all have to walk through this. We need to separate ourselves. How can you be in the mud while you are trying to help the prodigal? We must not have a works mentality. We need to do things God’s way. You can’t fool yourself to think that because you been among the church doesn’t mean you are part of the church. The Bible shares in Nehemiah 9:2 “They stood in their places and confessed their sins and the sins of their ancestors.” This is an outreach for God’s people who are in the world.
“Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.” Acts 2:38-39
You have to personally repent. No blame game. You are not going to get to heaven by blaming others but only by the blood of Jesus.
“They stood where they were and read from the Book of the Law of the Lord their God for a quarter of the day, and spent another quarter in confession and in worshiping the Lord their God.” Nehemiah 9:3
What does God say about this? They gave a quarter of the day to the word of God and a quarter of the day confessing their sin before God. You are repenting before God. God is not going to get emotionally invested in the consequences of your sin. It is time to confess sins. If we follow this pattern then we will see God move. They further discuss a move of God that took place on the campus of Asbury College which started when the leaders and then others began to confess their sins. God is here that’s why this is happening that’s what one person said. It didn’t have to do with the gifts. It had to with dealing with sin and mending relationships. We can have a move of God if we respond to God His way.
Torch Articles on Each Part:
- Heart Of Nehemiah: POWER Of True Repentance, What It Looks Like & FAVOR That Comes With It (Part 1 Of 13)
- Heart Of Nehemiah Know The SEASON, Ground Work For VISION, & CONFRONTING RIDICULE When Your Building (Part 2 Of 13)
- Heart Of Nehemiah: Time To Get On The FIELD & SPEAK The Same Vision, DON’T Let Them STOP You (Part 3 Of 13)
- Heart Of Nehemiah: The Battle Continues As You Build, But Don’t Let It STOP YOU; YOU WIN IF YOU DON’T QUIT, (Part 4 Of 13)
- Heart Of Nehemiah: Government Leadership STUCK, Because Church Leadership STUCK, Chuck Pierce (Part 5 Of 13)
- Heart Of Nehemiah: FINISH THE WORK! The Importance Of Completing The Work Till The Last Brick (Part 6 Of 13)
- Heart Of Nehemiah: Staying Faithful In Low Places, Being Sure They Too Are Built Up (Part 7 Of 13)
- Heart Of Nehemiah: Strategy From Heaven, Requires Building & Fighting To Succeed (Part 8 Of 13)
- Heart Of Nehemiah: Your Enemy Will FREAK OUT! And BEWARE Of What You SHARE! Part (9 Of 13)
- Heart Of Nehemiah: You Can’t Live Off The Repentance Of OTHERS (Part 10 Of 13)
- Heart Of Nehemiah: Heart Alignment And Acceptance Of The Leadership Of Jesus Part (11 Of 13)
- Heart Of Nehemiah: The BLAME GAME Doesn’t WORK, But Abiding With The Lord Does! Part (12 Of 13)
- Heart Of Nehemiah: Don’t Allow Someone IGNORING GOD Stop You From OBEYING GOD (Part 13 Of 13)
*We suggest listening to all segments for complete context
Israelite’s Confess Sins, Jesus Heals Possessed Man, Not Everybody, Come Out, Adulterous People, Repent and Be Baptized, Mirror of The Word, Laugh At Your Disaster