It doesn’t stop there. Take a look at the statistics below. You may or may not be one of these statistics, but you know someone who is. At some point you will be confronted with this crisis and we all need to be prepared. Be part of the solution by getting the Freedom Begins Here Accountability Pack and walk with someone in ruthless accountability. You’ll be glad you did. *ChristiaNet.com 6/6/07
• There are over 420 million Pornographic Internet pages
• 42.7% of Internet users view pornography
• The pornography industry is larger than the revenues of the top technology companies combined: Microsoft, Google, Amazon, eBay, Yahoo!, Apple, Netflix and EarthLink
• 70% of women keep their cyber activities secret
• Women, more than men, are likely to act out their behaviors in real life, such as having multiple partners, casual sex, or affairs.
• 68 million porn search engine requests daily
• 2006 Worldwide Porn Revenues = $97.06 billion
• 4 out of 10 pastors said they did the same.• 50% of all Christian men and 20% of all Christian women are addicted to pornography.
• 60% of the women who answered the survey admitted to having significant struggles with lust;
• 40% admitted to being involved in sexual sin in the past year; and 20% of the church-going female participants struggle with looking at pornography on an ongoing basis.
It’s husbands, fathers, mothers, wives.
It’s children, sons, daughters.
It’s families, friends, co-workers.
It’s churches, ministries, the body of Christ.
Statistics only tell part of the story.
Statistics represent people you know.
People struggling with sexual addiction.
• Chuck Swindoll calls it “The #1 secret problem in your church.”
• Of the 10,000 calls, emails and letters Focus on the Family receives daily, this represents their number one incoming request for help overall.
• New Man Magazine’s most frequent request from readers is to refer them to a service or ministry that can help them with their sexual temptation. “New Man readers NEED this product.” – from a New Man representative
Porn Phenomenon Study Just Released, by Barna and Josh McDowell; Teens, Young Adults, Youth Pastors and Pastors struggling & Addicted; Hope to Overcome
Freedom Begins Here
Heart2Heart, Doug Weiss
Freedom Begins Here Accountability Pack
Focus on the Family
Evangelicals Are Addicted To Porn
Though pornography use skyrockets among lay leaders, pastors in United States, gospel offers hope
Internet Pornography Statistics
New Man (Christian magazine)
Christian Singer Jimmy Needham’s Victory Over Pornography – CBN.com